Prof. Dr. Jeremy Lewis schouderscholing 15 th Edition 2019
A biopsychosocial approach for the assessment and management of musculoskeletal conditions involving the shoulder region. Taught worldwide in over 35 countries, this course is continually updated, integrating the latest research evidence In addition to assessment & management of the shoulder region, this course synthesises the complex relationships between; the shoulder & body biomechanics, pain science, lifestyle, patient psychosocial factors, beliefs & expectations, best practice, & more …and is guaranteed to be fun This course remains a ‘work in progress’ and is continually being updated with the emergence of new research and clinical understanding. As a result, many people have participated on two and some on three occasions. This course will be thought provoking, and provide opportunity to discuss ideas and share experiences. To include a detailed section on frozen shoulder, the course no longer includes the SSMP. For those wanting information on this Click here
1. To develop a better understanding and knowledge of the clinical anatomy and biomechanics of the shoulder girdle.
2. To appreciate the importance of taking a biopsychosocial approach to patient management.
3. To develop a comprehensive subjective and physical evaluation strategy for the shoulder that considers local and referred sources of pain and directs the clinician to develop an appropriate management plan.
4. To develop greater confidence with the physical assessment of the shoulder region and a better understanding of the evidence for the use of the selected assessment techniques.
5. To develop a greater understanding and knowledge of various pathologies of the shoulder girdle.
6. To develop greater competency in the management of patients with a variety of shoulder pathologies.
7. To review the research evidence relating to the influence of posture and muscle imbalance and its relationship with shoulder pathology.
8. To review the evidence underpinning the pathology, and the assessment and management of various shoulder conditions, including rotator cuff related shoulder pain and frozen shoulder
9. To review the research evidence evaluating the use of diagnostic imaging as part of the management for musculoskeletal disorders of the shoulder.
10. To review the research evidence evaluating the use of injections as part of the management for musculoskeletal disorders of the shoulder.
11. To develop greater confidence in the use of exercise therapy and other techniques for managing shoulder conditions and evaluation of the efficacy of the techniques, balanced against the evidence base for using these techniques.
Aantal contacturen Totaal aantal uren studie uren (punten)
14 (2 dagen) 18 (contacturen + 4 uur voorbereiding)
Er wordt geen toets afgenomen Bij 100 % aanwezigheid
De kosten voor deze cursus zijn 550,- euro (geen btw) incl. kofie, thee, lunch en frisdranken, de handouts en een jaar lang toegang tot de digitale leeromgeving van de cursus.
“Fantastic course as example of how to treat within the biopsychosocial model. A very competent and relevant approach with respect to where physiotherapy is at currently. The shoulder provides the topic but the clinical processing could be applied elsewhere. I don't think anyone is teaching such a balanced approach currently”.
“Brilliant presentation, extremely useful material and very appropriate for current practice”
Powered by Eduframe